Here comes the good news! Our all-time favorite dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhlaja’ is back..!
Like always, Season 9 was too grander than the last seasons with sizzling hot performances by celebrity contestants, perfect comic timing by host and mind blowing judges!
So, in case you missed the 1st episode allow us to share the update and a power packed dose what you can expect from Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa season 9:
Veteran Karan Johar and Ganesh Hedge managed to save their position as judges since last season! The latest and sensuous addition to the panel is Jacqueline Fernandes.
No Shahid Kapoor no Madhuri Dixit Nene!
The panel entered the stage with a bang! Karan Johar beat all else with his ‘Mera naam Marie’ act. Jacqueline who looked ‘golden hot’ in promos, sizzled in ‘white and silver’ with her expressions and attitude when she danced on ‘Mujhe toh teri lat’. Ganesh’s fine knowledge of dance moves kept him above Karan and Jacqueline as a judge. Critiques and appreciation of the contestants was also a big hit.
Manish Paul kept the show lively with his impeccable comic timing. He has comfort level with judges and contestants and didn’t even hesitate to flirt with Jacqueline Fernandes. We also heard that Manish has been paid whooping 2.5 crores for hosting the show, making him the highest non Bollywood TV host! But this is producer’s concern not ours, right? Anyways, we give hilarious and handsome Manish full marks for entertaining us!
- Arjun Bijlani – Naagin-fame, TV Actor Arjun Bijlani is participating in any reality show for the first time. The actor got injured while rehearsing and got low scores. We hope he impress the judges with his dance moves and don’t give Manish a chance to tease him in next episode!
- Gaurav Gera – Comedian Gaurav Gera aka Chutki takes the fun-quotient of the show to new heights. Though his dance failed to create magic in the 1st episode we hope much more laughter and better dance from him. The actor also called himself nachos after the Salsa act!!
- Chef Harpal Singh Sokhi– The ‘energy chef’ is going to show the taste of his dance skills too! He will be shaking his leg on Jhalak but he has to work hard if he wants to be part of the show for coming weeks.
- Helly Shah– Seen as Swara from ‘Swaragini’, she is the most excited contestant in the show. No doubt she is one of the most famous actors of the small screen but her dance moves didn’t astonish us much.
- Karishma Tanna– After breaking up with Upen Patel, TV’s leggy lass is all set to electrify with her sexy moves. After gaining huge success in Big boss she set the tone for the night with her beginning water and fire act with Arjun and Sidhant.
- Nora Fatehi– She is Moroccan Canadian dancer, model and actress. She gained popularity in Big Boss 9 and has performed in Bolywood movies too. Though she executed well in 1st episode, she has to add more grace to be in top list.
- Poonam & Priyanka– The internet sensations, Indian-American dancer twins broke the standards of previous seasons as celebrity and choreographer. Combining Bharatnatyam and popping, the way they turned their Kanjeevarams to hoodies left the judges awestruck and gave them excellent scores.
- Salman Yusuff Khan – A trained dancer and a choreographer on the show earlier. He is is all set to rock Jhalak this season as challenger. His entry has already made a lot of contestants frown and he got maximum score for his performance.
- Shakti Arora– Known for his role in ‘Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi’, Shakti Arora won the hearts with his astonishing freestyle dance. We hope he did not disappoint his fans and emerged as strong contender in coming weeks.
- Shantanu Maheshwari – Channel V’s popular youth show ‘Dil Dosti Dance’ fame, Shantanu is an excellent dancer himself. He showed his excellent dance moves and took us off with his style.
- Sidhant Gupta– The cute and charming Sidhant, popularly known as Kunj of “Tashan-e-Ishq” raised the hotness quotient of Jhalak. He got pretty good scores and is all set to give other contestants hard time.
- Surveen Chawla – Hot and sizzling Surveen Chawla is another star-attraction of the show. She performed Bhangra and won the heart of audience as well as judges. She is also part of Anil Kapoor’s ’24’.
The new format…
The new format of the show has added novelty and more entertainment. Along with the judges, the audiences will also rate the contestants. The elimination of the contestant will be based on the combined rating. Since it was opening week, nobody got eliminated! Scores of Episode 1 will be added to that of Episode 2 for the final rating.
What went quirky???
- Manish’s Tie– No doubt the host looked handsome with black suit and sun glasses but his tie was a big thumbs down. It was distracting and looked out of place.
- Peek-a-boo– We noticed Jacqueline’s peeping into Karan’s and Ganesh’s score card! We know she is became judge for the first time but she should be fair and give her own opinion and judgement. We hope we don’t see such actions in the coming episodes.
In all, the ninth season of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa landed an interesting start. Let’s wait and watch for more fun and sizzling acts!
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa airs every Saturday at 10 pm on Colors.
Note – Images are taken from web. , Organically live on UC News.
More Trending Blogs –